PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

5.06.2015

My green front door

 So about two years ago we bought a lot right next door to the home we were renting with plans to build a new home.  About six months later we actually got moving and started construction on our lot.  It was BEYOND overwhelming...mostly because I really didn't know what I wanted and there were so many choices.

Although I was really in over my head, there were a few things that I knew I wanted...basically a white kitchen with blue subway tile, a dark navy blue exterior on the house, and a bright, fun door!  My husband was with me on everything...except for that bright fun door ;)  It took some serious compromising to avoid another plain white door, but I finally got him to give!  (Just in case your are wondering, I had to give in to the ridiculously big shower he wanted that I thought was a total waste of space.  Now I absolutely love it so it actually worked out all right for me ;)

I remember posting the paint swatch I wanted to use on FB and asking all my friends what they thought.  Everyone seemed to love it, and really...I had already make up my mind and was just looking for some positive reinforcement ;)  For YEARS now I have been loving the blue and green combo, so I figured a funky lime-y, apple-y green would be a great compliment to my dark blue exterior.


Honestly, it turned out even better than I imagined!  I love how it brightens up my entryway and shows off a little bit of our family's crazy personality too.


I have also loved how easy it has been to decorate for the different seasons.  I just threw this wreath together a few nights ago with some hydrangeas, floral sprays, and ribbon from Hobby Lobby.  It took under 10 minutes to glue everything together and I love the finished product. 


According to Pinterest a green front door evokes feelings of peace, health and growth.  These are ALL feelings we strive for in our crazy, loud, and exciting family of 7...especially the peace part ;)

So what do you think about the painted front door trend?  Do you have a fun front door, or do you prefer something a little more classic?  Thanks for checking us out today and have a lovely Wednesday!

5 comments:

Stefani

This door is AMAZING!! I'm in love with the color! It does give you a sense of fun, happiness, and peace while alluding to the excitement of the home just in the other side. ;) I so wish that I could convince my husband or our HOA to do something like this...but, they are definitely more traditional. However, there isn't any reason why our garage door (where we enter 98% of the time anyway) can't look like this! Thanks for sharing your awesome door and you inspiration! So very glad I found your blog - keep up the wonderful work and have a blessed Monday!

Giovanni

The first thing I can tell about the pictures is how much love you had to put into it. It looks just amazing and the color is really great. It's amazing what you can do with just a few bucks. To me, the accessories around the door really make it better. The best one of all is the wreath!

Sportsmom

Could you PLEASE share the green paint color? I want to do this too...I just painted my house Hale Navy and am struggling to find the right lime. Thanks!

Clarence

I would also like to know the color you used for your door. I am looking for a paint that would result in this outcome. Thank you. Love the door!!

Rachelle

I LOVE this and would like to know the colour. I’m in the process of painting my house navy and want to do my door a colour like this.