PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

7.18.2013

Why I am a bad blogger...

 
Every Sunday night after the kids are in bed, I sit down and make a list of things I want to accomplish the next week.  Somewhere on that list I always write "get caught up on the blog!"

Obviously this is not going so well ;)  Even though I have THE best of intentions, the weeks go by and there the blog sits...lonely and neglected.  

Honestly...I have a feeling this may continue through the summer ;)  I have so many fun ideas, crafts, and projects I want to do and want to share, but I gotta tell you...we are having one fantastic summer!  My 5 crazies are keeping me busy and it seems like we are constantly on the go.  Here's just a few of our highlights so far this summer...

We were so blessed to share a beautiful Saturday with our friends and family baptizing our amazing Skylar and blessing Baby Cohen.


Cohen has been the perfect caboose for our family!  He is the sweetest little guy, and absolutely has ALL of us wrapped around his little teensy finger :)


This beautiful girl has made me one proud momma.  Her baptism was something I will never forget.  My heart felt like it would burst with pride and happiness when she got up to sing a solo in front of all our friends and family.  Her sweet voice and testimony are something I will treasure forever.



Once we got through the baptism/blessing it was time for FUN!!  We are on a fairly tight schedule when the kids are in school, so it has been awesome to just go wherever we want, whenever we want!  One of our favorite places to go is our local aquarium.
E
 My kids are also huge fans of our local "beaches".  Ok...they are not real beaches, but its the closest thing you are going to get in Utah ;)



Going up to the mountains has become a family favorite activity.  We love to take up stuff for s'mores, some camp chairs and head for the hills!  Cohen especially loves being up in that fresh mountain air :)

This little man turned 3 months old?!  How is this possible?  He was my fussy little guy for a while there, but we survived and he making me feel like one lucky momma these days, sleeping 11 hours at night and being an absolute joy during the day.


Gardner Village is fun no matter what time of year you go, my kids were so excited that they had a Historic Scavenger Hunt we could go do today.  And you KNOW they loved those cookies they got when it was all done too ;)
One of our favorite things this summer has been going to playgroup with our ward.  Every week they go somewhere different and one week we ended up at Thanksgiving Point with some of our favorite neighbors.

 We LOVE movies, so usually once a week we try to have Family Movie Night.  We have so far made it through all but one of the Star Wars Movies...we are looking for our next movies so feel free to leave suggestions!


Splash parks....need I say more?!  These are perfect for young kids that you don't dare take to a swimming pool :)

Tuesday means one thing for us...park and then library for story time!

I think we are single-handedly keeping the local Sno Shack in business

 We've only been once, but its not summer if you don't spend some time swimming at our favorite local pool :)



This little guy started his first season of Tball so we are loving going to games and practices.


And of course, when its 105 degrees outside and you have 5 kids including a new baby, what do you do?!  Go to the zoo, obviously! :)


Holy Moly, it was hot!  But we had a great time anyways, Avrie and I especially enjoyed the bird show :)


So there you go...my excuses for being a bad blogger ;)

I want to say I'll be back next week...but really...it might not happen til September.  We still have camping, and cabins, and reunions, and every little bit of summer fun we can squeeze in!  

I hope you are having fantastic summers with your families too, and thanks so much for stopping by Blue Skies Ahead!!

2 comments:

Unknown

I just have to tell you that everything about this post is what makes you one of my FAVORITE bloggers! Your lack of posting really just confirms what I already loved about you, that you are a SPECTULAR Mother!! You are the best! :)

Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted

You have such a beautiful family Tonii, no one could blame you for wanting to spend so much time with them! BTW I have trouble keeping up w/ 1 and I couldn't imagine 5!!