PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

3.07.2013

Pot of Gold Homemade Lipgloss

 
Hello, hello!!

It is so wonderful to be posting from the comfort of my living room couch and NOT a hospital bed! :) Its lovely to be back in my loud, crazy, messy house...and STILL be pregnant.  I am confident we can go at least a few more weeks before meeting our little man.

Last week I had a fun idea for a little gift my girls would LOVE for St. Patrick's Day.  Every year we do a clover hunt where they find chocolate gold coins at the end.  I wanted to come up with something besides candy I could give them when I remembered THIS awesome idea from Meet the Dubiens.  I have been meaning to make some Homemade Lipgloss with my girls for a while now...then I realized this could be the perfect little favor for March 17th!

Pot of Gold Homemade Lipgloss!


This lipgloss is SO easy to make!  All you need is 1 tub of petroleum jelly and 2 packets of Lemonade Kool-Aid.  Seriously...that's it!!  All you do is put the jelly in a microwaveable bowl and microwave in 30-second increments, stirring between each time.  It took me a good 6-7 minutes until the jelly was liquid.  Then I just added 2 packets of Lemonade Kool-Aid to get that pretty golden color and yummy smell.

I poured the lipgloss into these cute little containers I found at Hobby Lobby and let them set up over a few hours.



I think my girls are going to LOVE finding these little treasures at the end of our clover hunt!

Thank you so much for stopping by today and checking out what's going on here at Blue Skies Ahead!

Linking up HERE