PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

10.11.2012

Washi Tape Pumpkin

 Hey everyone!!

Halloween fun is in full swing at our house, and the kids have been begging to get out our decorations!  They were very sad when they realized our decorations consisted of one or two signs and some fabric-covered pumpkins I made last year ;)

Obviously I needed to add to our dwindling decorations, so off to the store we went!

I found these great craft pumpkins at Target for $6!  I thought that was pretty good for a pumpkin that will last for YEARS :)  Plus I loved the white color...I don't do orange at Halloween in my house ;)  



I got my pumpkin home, placed it on my mantle...and realized it desperately needed SOMETHING :)
I am just not in the place of life to be doing ornate, messy crafts right now so I needed something quick and mess-free.  

My choice?  Washi Tape!!



Weeks ago I got a few packs of Washi tape from Pick Your Plum and have just been waiting for the perfect occasion to use them.  I knew this pumpkin makeover was just that!

This was crazy easy.  Starting at the top I would run the strip of tape until I reached the bottom of the pumpkin, then repeat until I had the pumpkin striped just the way I wanted it.


After I finished I thought it still needed a little bit more.  Luckily when you buy Washi Tape from Pick Your Plum it comes with another coordinating roll...I thought the polka dots finished my pumpkin off perfectly!


Turned out pretty cute, right?! ;)

I am THRILLED with our newest addition to our Halloween decor!  Its simple, chic, and I literally threw it together while my kids were eating breakfast this morning :)


Thanks for checking out my most recent crafty attempt!!  I hope you are having a fantastic day wherever you are, stop by later for some fun Witchy activities for your little girls!!

10 comments:

Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted

Ooh I love it! Plus, I like that it isn't a messy project to pick up after!

Adorned From Above

I love your washi tape pumpkin. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this and any other posts. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. It runs from Wednesday to Sundays.
http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/10/almond-sugar-body-scrub-and-wednesdays.html
I hope to see you there. I am your newest follower, and I would love for your to follow me also. Have a great Day.
Debi Bolocofsky
Adorned From Above
www.adornedfromabove.com

Unknown

Love your pumpkin! I've never tried the Washi tape. I think I need to! I'd like to invite you to share this at my party, Twirl & Take a Bow at www.houseontheway.com. Hope you can join in on the fun!
Leslie

Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

Super cute! Love it! Isn't washi tape the best? So versatile and easy to remove if you ever want to change it. Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Hope to see you back next week!

nissaMade

Love it! I just heard about washi tape yesterday! looks like a lot of fun.

Unknown

Love this pumpkin! So mess free haha! Very simple but lovely! I'm featuring this one on Facebook!

Thanks for joining the party at Keep Calm and Link Up! See you again next week!

Barbara at Chase the Star
chasethestar dot net

Unknown

Wow - this looks gorgeous!!! Can you believe I haven't tried washi tape yet? ( she admits with embarrassment lol )
Your newest follower - would love to have you come by and follow back when you have the time!
Hugs,
Suzan

Unknown

I love washi tape!!! Yesterday, I made a gift to my son with some. It'll be on the blog in a few days. I'm a new follower now thanks to a linky ;)

Cheers!

http://ellecrafts.blogspot.com

Unknown

Oooh, I love that it looks so sophisticated! I always love your design style!

Meredith @ Wait Til Your Father Gets Home

We're featuring you today at Keep Calm & Link Up! Come on over and grab a featured button :o)