PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

10.08.2012

Pumpkin Playdough!


Hello, hello!!  

It is a BEAUTIFUL day here, I hope yours is beautiful where ever you are too ;)

I am feeling 100% better than I was last week and am ready jump back into the swing of things.  And by jump I really mean slowly ease myself back into the swing of things while I take it easy ;)  But I'll take it!!

My kids LOVE homemade playdough and last year we experimented with lots of different kinds, colors and smells when we made ours.  After baking lots and lots of yummy Pumpkin Bread a few weeks ago I thought it would be fun to whip up some Pumpkin Playdough for the kiddos.


 

Making your own Playdough really is SO simple, if you haven't done it yet...you definitely should!!

My favorite basic recipe is this:

1 C Flour
1/2 C Salt
2 tsp Cream of Tartar
1 C Water
1 tsp Vegetable Oil

You mix all the ingredients in a bowl and then cook over medium heat, stirring until smooth.  Keep cooking and stirring until dough thickens and takes a ball shape.  Take out of pot and let cool, then knead gently to get a soft texture.

To make our Pumpkin Playdough I just added orange food coloring and LOTS of pumpkin pie spice!  My kids LOVED how good it smelled, just make sure to tell your little ones its not too eat :)

I quickly cut up some green and yellow foam sheets to make some mouths, noses, eyes and stems.  It was so fun to see the kids creativity as they made crowns, arms, legs and hair for their fun pumpkins!



After we were done decorating our pumpkins we got out little rollers and made pretend Pumpkin Pies with our playdough.  The kids had a blast pretending to serve me their pie, and I was able to convince them that when you work in a restaurant you have to help clear the table and do the dishes ;)

This was a great morning activity that took minimal time and produced LOTS of fun!  
And how cute would some pumpkin playdough party favors or gifts be for little friends?! 

Thank you so much for coming by Blue Skies Ahead today, I hope you found something that you liked!!

0 comments: