9.27.2011

Orange Pumpkin Treats

I almost feel silly posting these...that's how easy they were! And I have to give all the credit to my 4-year old Kendall. Last week we had some of those little oranges and she peeled one, stuck it on her thumb, and said "Look mom, its a pumpkin!" I could totally see her vision, so I came up with these fun, HEALTHY snacks for fall :)




Yep, this is all you need. An orange and a slice of celery. I told you it was easy.




My kids loved having these when they came home from school today. It was nice to see them excited about an after school snack that wasn't full of sugar and empty calories (not that we don't love those ones too!:)

Thank you SO much for stopping by Blue Skies Ahead today! I hope you will come back again as I have lots of fun things planned and some great ways to enjoy one of my favorite months of the year with my kids :)




Linking up at:





11 comments:

Lindsay

How adorable are these little oranges?! They would make for the cutest additions to any party--or just for fun! Thanks for sharing!

Melissa

Hi from BreLyn Boutique! I adore this post because it's so cute and simple! It fits right in with our first ever link party we're hosting Wednesday! I would love it if you'd link up with us to show off this cute creation :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Mindie Hilton

So cute and easy. Love it. I would love for you to share this post and more at Bacon Time, the linky is weekly fri-mon.
http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/
come strut your stuff.

Cecile Koop

Great idea... I love that its a healthy option :)

Brit @ JandMs Eye Candy

Ahh, genius! Super cute ornage pumpkins, love them! Thanks for linking up :)
Britney
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

Katie @ OhhBaby

That is such a cute idea! Would love for you to link it up to Fabulous Friday! http://ohhbabydesigns.blogspot.com/2011/09/fabulous-friday-5-easy-artwork.html

Kim @ The Sasse Life

So cute and creative! I'm always looking for a "fun" way for my son to eat healthy. I would love for you to link up with us.
http://www.thesasselife.com/2011/09/link-party-5.html

Hope to see you there!
New follower,
Kim
www.thesasselife.com

Marie

Such a cute idea! My daughter has to bring a snack next week to school that is orange and I've been searching for something healthy and creative. Thanks for linking up with us!

Marie
mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

Marie

Just wanted to let you know I'm featuring you! Come grab a button!

Marie
mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

Heather

These are so cute!

Sprinklesandstitches

Such a easy and very cute idea!!! I am featuring you over at http://sprinklesandstitches.blogspot.com/2012/10/10-great-halloween-ideas.html

Have a great day!!
-Heather