PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

7.06.2011

Slow Cooker Italian Chicken

This is definitely one of THE easiest dinners I have ever made, but man was it good! It was also super healthy and once again passed the family test...everyone cleared their plates! I can hardly even call it a recipe it was so simple, but I thought I would share anyways :)


Slow Cooker Italian Chicken


1 lb chicken breast

1 bottle fat free Zesty Italian Dressing

Whole grain fettucini

1 lb steamed broccoli


First you throw a bunch of chicken breasts in a your crockpot with a bottle full of fat free Zesty Italian Dressing. My chicken was frozen so I cooked it on High for 5 hours. I could not believe how flavorful and tender the meat was, it really was delicious! Then I boiled some whole-grain, garden flavored fettucini til it was tender, put a chicken breast on a bed of pasta and added a spoonful of light spaghetti sauce. Add a little steamed broccoli on the side and there you have it!




Just a side note if you are like me and attempting to get a little healthier (and shed those baby pounds!;): one serving of pasta is 2 oz...I know I was eating way more than that before. There are usually 16 oz in a package so your serving should only be 1/8 of the box.


A delicious dinner made up of whole grains, lean proteins and some green stuff too! :) Please feel free to share your families favorite healthy recipes, I am always looking for more! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!

3 comments:

Ashley

this looks yummy! thanks for sharing:)
http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com/

Unknown

I love anything crockotable! Yum!

The Fullers

I do a similar thing. I get the light parmesan alfredo sauce and place that over the chicken in the crockpot. And that's it. The light is only 60 calories As the regular alfredo sauce is 110 calories. Just something different than spaghetti and its only 20 calories more