PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

7.01.2011

Our Week at a Glance!

I thought of this project WEEKS ago, and am just finally finishing it up! My kids already love it so I think it was worth the wait :)



I am always trying to get my kids to behave better by telling them what fun things we are doing during the week, and letting them know if they don't behave appropriately throughout the week they won't be able to participate. That's great and all, but frankly I don't think telling my 2 and 4 year old that we are going to the splash park on Thursday really means anything to them! And every morning my kids wake up and ask me what we are doing that day. This was a project that I thought would help solve those little problems and help me stay more organized!




First I got this old magnet board I have had for ages, it used to be a hair clip holder, but I have recycled it into our Week at a Glance :) Then I used ribbon to make 5 strips, just attaching it with a touch of hot glue at each end.


Using my Silhouette I cut letters for each day of the week, Monday through Friday.



Then I just cut a cute little design and some big ric rac out of vinyl to make it a little more decorative :) I grabbed these cute clothespins I had in my craft bucket from years ago and was ready to put together our week!


I quickly scrapbooked some of usual activities like Library, Zoo, Park, Dino Museum and more. Then I printed them off in a wallet size and attached them to each day using the clothespins.



And there you have our Week at a Glance! The kids love knowing what our plan for the week is and I love feeling more organized and having this cute calendar to hang up in my dining room.



Below I have attached the different activities I scrapbooked, feel free to save them to your computer and print them off if you decide to do this little project at your place :) Have a fantastic 4th of July weekend, and thank you SO much for stopping by!!











3 comments:

Ashley

aw this is so cute and a good idea for the kidos... :) thanks so much for linking to "Tell me Tueday!"
xoxo
ash

Brit

I love this idea. Super cute little tags too. Great job! Would love to have you link this up to our "Help a Momma Out" link party on Tuesday. Have a great day!
Britney
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

Carolyn

You've got a fantastic page. I love it. The calendar is a very unique...awesome.