PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

6.27.2011

Shapes Week!



The theme for this week at our house is a pretty simple one :) I wanted to do something basic that could include all of my kids and that would help my daughter that is starting preschool in the fall. Every day we have some time set aside for "school time" and these week we are learning all about shapes!

For just about all the things we are doing I printed off worksheets and bingo games and coloring pages from http://www.dltk-kids.com/ If you go to their Shapes Buddies section they have tons of fun activities and worksheets that will help your kids become more familiar with shapes.






A fun activity I am looking forward to is making muffins with my kids. I have a bunch of silicon molds in all different shapes that would be perfect for muffins: hearts, stars, triangles, circles and squares. Once they are all cooked we will take them out and sort them according to shapes...then we get to eat them! :)



We are also going to play with Play-doh and use our shape cookie cutters to make all different kinds of shapes, and finally using my Sihouette I cut a bunch of shapes in different sizes and colors and the kids are going to use them to create different works of art :)



Our letter of the week is the letter S for Square, and HERE is where I printed off our tracer pages and HERE is where I printed off the S template that we have hanging up to remind us what letter we are focusing on this week.


Have a fantastic week everyone and stay tuned for a fun way to motivate your kids to keep reading, some 4th of July projects and a cool family home evening for next week!D

0 comments: