PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1.18.2011

Manners Week!!

Ok, I hope I am not the only one, but at times I am horrified at my kids manners!! I have tried to do a good job at teaching them at least the basics, but I'm afraid we need lots more work :) I thought having the theme for the week being Manners would hopefully bring light to the importance of good manners, and of course make it lots of fun too! :)





The first thing I found in my research is that January is National Thank You Month. Perfect!! One day we will focus on saying thank you and why its important, and also make a bunch of thank you cards so anytime the kids want to give one to someone we will have a bunch ready to go.

Another activity that I thought would be especially fun for my girls would be to have a formal Tea Party. I am going to make invitations that have a set time and place and also asking for an RSVP. We will discuss what that all means and they will be responsible for being appropriately dressed, on time, and letting me know in advance that they are coming. Then we will really focus on please, excuse me, may I be excused, etc. They are going to have to much fun they will have no idea we are even learning anything! :)



Another thing I think is so important to focus on is covering your mouth when you sneeze or cough....especially this time of year! I saw a cute craft you could do where the kids decorate a paper plate to look like a face and then you trace their hands and cut them out. Then they glue one of their hands with a tissue over the mouth....a good visual for something they should always be doing!



I am really excited for this week....this is something we have really needed to work on, and I think it will be lots of fun too! Stay tuned for one of my FAVORITE family home evenings of all time....I remember my mom doing it for me and my brother when I was 8 or 9 :) Have a great week everyone!! :)

0 comments: