PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

7.16.2010

Pioneer Family Home Evening


I know its a little early, but I thought I would share this today in case anyone else wants to use it for this upcoming Monday :) It was pretty easy to decide to teach the kids about pioneers and the 24th of July for fhe. I have been looking forward to this family home evening for a while. I have a great love for early church history and I am excited to try and pass that love on to my children.


A few years ago while attending a family reunion for my husbands side, we were lucky enough to get a few wonderful stories of some of our ancestors and their journey to Utah. I am excited to share these stories with our children as we talk about the hardships the early pioneers faced so we could have our religous freedom and live in such a beautiful place. If you don't have stories from your own family, there are literally TONS of amazing accounts you could easily find online to share :)

I found an adorable activity online that was adapted from a 1994 Friend activity. It is a pioneer treasure hunt, and includes a free printable candy bar wrapper that you can use for your "treasure" at the end of the hunt. You simply print and cut out the pioneer fact cards and hide them in the corresponding places. The final clue will lead the children to the treasure! I am hoping to be able to find or possibly make some bonnets and aprons for the girls and a hat for Britton, they love to do anything that includes dressing up! :)


Here is the link for the activity, Pioneer Treasure Hunt. Thank you Chocolate on my Cranium for sharing such a fun activity. I am so grateful for talented, inspired people that are willing to share their ideas with the world. I hope all you fellow Utahns have a lovely 24th of July, stay tuned for some fun Pioneer/Cowboy and Cowgirl activities we will be doing all next week :)

2 comments:

Hollie Hanson

You are so on top of things. You make me sick. JK! ;P
You rock! Fun ideas!

Anonymous

Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to assert that
I get in fact enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently quickly.
Have a look at my webpage : la Weight loss