PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

6.02.2010

Cutting the Chaos Week....Oh, who am I kidding?!

Its been so many weeks since I posted anything about cutting the chaos, I probably don't need to be keeping track any more :) But I have been doing a few things over the last few weeks that have helped me manage ALL of the chaos abounding around me. These are not new ideas, original, or very creative, but I think they are the most important out of all the things I have posted so far. I have felt like lately the only thing I have been able to do is keep my head above water, and these simple things that I have been doing every day have been helping me do just that!
First up: Daily Excercise! I cannot tell you what a blessing it has been for me to be able to wake up early every day and make sure I am taking care of myself first thing in the morning. Aside from the weight loss benefits (which, lets be honest, are awesome!!) I FEEL happier! I have more energy and even though I get less sleep I am less tired than usual. Years ago I attended a yoga class, and the instructor said something to me that has stuck with me ever since. As we were doing the cooldown she said "Thank you for loving the people in your life enough to take care of yourself first, so you have more to give to them." I think many times as women we spend so much time doing so much for everyone else, the one person that gets neglected is us. I have found that statement to be so true- when I am taking care of myself the way I need to be I have so much more to give to everyone around me.
The second thing and by FAR the most important is simply this: Daily scripture study and personal prayer. I know, I know, this is nothing new! But here's the thing-sometimes life can feel like its caving in on you. Things are unsure, unsteady and unlike how you thought they would be. But its been my experience that when I dedicate my time to doing the things the Lord would have me do, I am blessed with an almost overwhelming ability to accomplish the things that need to be done in my life. Not only that, but I am uplifted and edified every step of the way. At a time in my life where nothing has felt very secure, I have been reminded of the stable things in my life that will NEVER change-my love for my family, my relationship with my Savior, and the truthfulness of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Heavenly Father is truly kind, and I am grateful he has provided a daily way to cut the chaos in my life, simply by turning to him and reading his words.
I hope you all keep on keeping on...I know I will! Cutting the chaos in whatever way I can, and trying to find that joy in the journey! Have a great week everyone!!

0 comments: